It’s no secret that I’m a huge proponent of family dinners. Sharing a meal together at the end of the day is sacred time. One way to get your kids more involved in dinner is to teach them how to cook.
Learning how to cook is a life skill that will serve your kids well throughout their lives. Plus, when kids make their own food, they feel a sense of ownership that makes them more apt to try things they might not otherwise like.
Cooking with kids requires attention and patience, but the rewards are oh so sweet. Last last year, I came across something that makes learning how to cook easier: Raddish. Raddish is a monthly cooking kit that takes the guesswork out of cooking with kids. Raddish is geared toward children 3-12, but it’s really for anyone (adults included!) who wants a fun and visual way to learn how to cook.
Raddish has been a game-changer for my family. When I reached out to Raddish to let them know how much we love it, they generously sent me a kit (plus some other goodies) for a giveaway!My 9 year old daughter Ella is our resident foodie, and I knew Raddish would be a wonderful Christmas gift for her. I purchased a 6-month subscription, and it has literally changed her life.
So much so, that I renewed her subscription and have been telling my friends and family all about it. Now, I’m sharing it with you in hopes that you’ll enjoy Raddish as much as we have.
Sometimes, Ella cooks with her Raddish kit on her own. Other times, she’ll ask me or one of her siblings to help. It’s really a fun activity for everyone. Most importantly, it has given Ella an incredible newfound confidence. The look on her face when she prepares and serves dinner to the rest of us is priceless. And the food is always delicious.Raddish is designed by teachers who want kids to learn about and love good food. Raddish incorporates math, science, nutrition, geography, and culture in their kits. Each Raddish kit has a monthly theme and and includes:
- 3 family friendly recipe guides: these are illustrated and so easy for kids to follow. They’re also laminated for easy cleanup.
- a kitchen gadget: this month’s is an ice cream scooper
- skill card: to help kids learn culinary techniques (things like kneading dough, chopping, and separating eggs)
- creative activities: from science experiments to art projects, these are geared at getting families creating, talking, and eating together.
- a shopping list
- Table Talk cards: these are conversation starters to help fuel family discussions at the dinner table (we LOVE these)
- a Raddish patch: to be ironed onto a Raddish apron
- free online bonus recipes and activities
You have 3 options to join Raddish:
- A monthly membership- $24/mo.
- A 6-month membership- $22/mo.
- A 12-month membership- $20/mo.
You can cancel at any time. Shipping is always free. If you purchase a 6-month or 12-month membership, Raddish will also send you a cute little apron so you can iron on the patches that come in each kit.
To get $10 off your Raddish membership at any level, enter code b5sb32 at checkout.
Now for the giveaway…
Raddish sent me a Summer Pool Party kit (pictured above), apron, and cookbook to give away to one lucky reader!
- Like The Joyful Home on Facebook
- Share this post on Facebook (click the “SHARE” button below or find this post on my Facebook page and SHARE)
- Comment below (or on the Facebook post) about why you or your kids would like to try Raddish.
This Raddish giveaway ends Thursday, August 3 at midnight CST. U.S. residents only. One entry per person.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED! THANK YOU FOR ENTERING!
Good luck! Even if you don’t win, I hope you’ll give Raddish a try. It truly is a game-changer. Remember: you can get $10 off your Raddish membership by entering code b5sb32 at checkout.
I am so thankful to be able to share this amazing product with you. Cooking with kids is really such a joy. And once they get the hang of it, it will make dinner prep easier for you 🙂
And I’ll tell you that the BBQ Chicken Flatbread included in this kit is delicious. Ella made it for dinner last night, and you might just find it on the blog soon…