Hi, sweet readers! I fully intended to post this little recipe yesterday, but I was still wading through piles of laundry, damp beach towels and plenty of residual sand. Anyone else ever feel like they need a vacation after their vacation? All kidding aside, we had a lovely time in Seaside, and I’m working on a recap for you (plus a post about road tripping with kids). In the meantime, you can check my Instagram for lots of fun pics.
What you’ll need:
- 1 dozen limes, juiced + more limes for garnish
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water + enough to fill 2 1/4-quart pitcher
- 2 large sprigs of fresh mint + more for garnish
What you’ll do:
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar with 1 cup water, and cook over high heat until sugar completely dissolves. Remove from heat, and add mint sprigs. Stir to combine; then set aside to cool.
- Pour fresh lime juice into pitcher, and add cooled sugar-mint mixture. Add enough water to fill pitcher. Chill in fridge until ready to serve. Garnish with fresh lime wedges and mint.
My kids loved helping with this one, and they also loved enjoying their creation. We tried sipping our fresh mint limeade while sitting outside on the patio, but the mosquitos were something fierce. And we started sweating almost immediately. How many more weeks of this?
Okay- I’m off to more to post-vacation cleaning and the beginnings of back-to-school preparations. For dinner tonight, I’m easing back into cooking with easy peasy shredded pork tacos–a variation on my Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tacos. Just substitute the chicken breasts for a 1-1.5 lb pork tenderloin (trimmed). Serve with warm tortillas and your favorite taco fixings. Super delicious and perfect any time of year!